Why A2 Secure English Language Test SELT – GESE Grade 3?
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in at least CEFR level A2 in Speaking and Listening for:
- a Further Leave to Remain (visa extension), required two and a half years after passing an A1 test.Trinity’s GESE Grade 3 exam is equivalant to CEFR A2.
According to the announcement of Home Office, as from 1 May 2017, non-EEA nationals will need to pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in speaking and listening at level A2 after two-and-a-half years in the UK in order to qualify for further leave to remain on the five-year partner or parent route to settlement.
New A2 English Language Requirement from May 2017:
Announcement by the Prime Minister
On 18 January 2016, the Prime Minister David Cameron announced a new English language requirement for family route migrants seeking to extend their stay in the UK.
Non-EEA national partners and parents on the family route will need to pass a speaking and listening test at level A2 in order to qualify, after two-and-a half-years in the UK, for further leave to remain on the five-year partner or parent route to settlement.
This means that to apply for an extension application after completing 2.5 years in the UK on the 5 year parent or partner route, you will need to pass a speaking and listening test at Level A2 CEFR. This is a higher level than the current requirement that you pass a test at Level A1.
Those applying for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) will still need to pass a test at Level B1 as well as passing the Life in the UK Test.
Home Office Announcement
On 3rd November 2016 the Home Office has announced that, non-EEA nationals will need to pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in speaking and listening at Entry level 2 ( CEFRA2) after two-and-a-half years in the UK in order to meet the requirements for further leave to remain on the five-year partner or parent route to settlement.
The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) has approved Trinity’s GESE Grade 3 (A2) SELT for the Further Leave to Remain.Hamlets Training Centre is a listed SELT Course provider by Trinity College London for the preparation course of Secured English Language Test.The new requirement will apply to partners and parents whose current leave under the family Immigration Rules is due to expire on or after 1 May 2017.
Secure English Language Test
What is A2 English Test?
A2 English Test is a part of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CEFR or CEF system. A2 is equivalent to ESOL Entry level for basic users that are way stage or elementary.In this test, a student can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance. Besides, the student can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. In addition, the student can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Who needs the A2 Test ?
New ‘A2′ level English language test requirement to be introduced for extension of leave under Appendix FM
Partners and parents currently on the Appendix FM family visa route should be aware that as of May 2017, the government intends to introduce the requirement to pass an approved English language test at CEFR level ‘A2′ for those seeking to extend their leave by a further 2.5 years. Currently, the same ‘A1′ level pass used for the initial grant of leave is sufficient for an extension. A further language test passed at level ‘B1′ is then required when it comes to applying for indefinite leave to remain.
Who doesn’t need A2 English Language Test?
You can apply for your extension to leave without an A2 SELT Certificate if you have a certain qualification (such as a UK Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent) at the required level or are the national of a majority English speaking country (as recognised by the Home Office). European nationals do not satisfy the English language requirements.
- 7 minute speaking and listening test
- Provisional results on the same day
- After the test you will receive an exam report form with your provisional result (Pass or Fail)
- Candidates in the UK can usually expect to receive their Trinity SELT certificate within 7 days.
A2 SELT Preparation Course Information :
- Two days training & tutorial per week
- 5 weeks course
- Familiarise with exam format
- Opportunity for free exam preparation
- Mock test facilities
- Course fee £250.00
- Hamlets Training Centre is a listed SELT Course Provider
Why SELT Preparation Course with us?
- Hamlets Training Centre ( www.hamlets.org.uk) is a Listed SELT Course Provider
- Our PGCE qualified English Language teacher can prepare you to get ready to pass your A1/A2 SELT Exam.
- We prepare for A1& A2 SELT EXAM in London
- We provide guidance & support
- We run workshop every week
- We will teach until you pass
- Our success rate is 95% +
A2 ( GESE Grade 3) Course Content :
Our intensive preparation course covers following communicative skills to pass the exam:
- Understand short, simple questions, requests and statements
- Respond with appropriate actions and positive and negative short form answers
- Contribute to the conversation using memorised phrases and short statements
- Use a basic range of words and simple phrases related to personal details and situations
- Ask for very basic personal information, e.g. about possessions
Why SELT preparation course is important ?
- To pass Home Office Approved Test
- Familiarise with exam format
- Opportunity for free exam preparation materials
- Mock test facilities
Approved Awarding Organisation for SELT :
Trinity College London is approved by the Home Office to take SELT exam for immigration or citizenship.
A1 English Language Test
Anyone taking an English Language test on or after 6th April 2015 that they intend to use in a UK immigration application such as spouse visa, further leave to remain or student visa must take A1 GESE SELT exam at one of the approved listed SELT test centres and minimum grade requirements for each level.
Information about Secure English Language Test : SELT A1
|GESE: Graded Examinations in Spoken English GESE Grade 2 (A1)·
Language requirements to pass A1 (SELT) Exam
Exam Booking: We offer free exam booking for our registered candidate. For the non registered candidate we only charge £25.00 to book the SELT exam.
Exam Result: The result will be given on the day by the awarding body.
Certification: Successful candidates will receive their certificates after 7 working days from the date of the exam.
Validity Certificate: 2 years for immigration purpose