B1-ISE- SELT Preparation for Private Hire Drivers
Are you struggling with your B1-ISE SELT Test to apply or renew your Private Hire Licence? Or can’t pass the test?
Don’t worry, we can help!
From 14 October 2016 it is required that all new applicants and existing private hire drivers applying to renew their licence, meet a B1 English language requirement.Hamlets Training Centre is a listed SELT Course provider.
Trinity College London’s ISE I (Integrated Skills in English) (B1) Secure English Language Test (SELT) has been approved by Transport for London to fulfil the new requirement.
We offer in class B1-ISE Preparation training aimed and preparing you to pass your ISE -SELT test in the shortest amount of time. We teach in a small group and cover all 4 modules which are Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening ; ensuring you have all the knowledge to help you pass.
English Language Requirement for Private Hire Vehicle Drivers – Latest guidance by TfL
Reason for English language requirement?
According to TfL it is important for all private hire vehicle driver working in London to communicate in English with their customers. It is also important that a private hire vehicle can read and understand information provided to him or her by Transport for London (TfL), such as an email, letter or any other form of communication.
Transport for London (TfL) have introduced English Language requirement for every PHV driver to ensure that they have adequate English language skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
When do you need to show, you can meet the standard?
You will only have to provide this information when you apply for your first Private Hire Vehicle Driver’s Licence or when you next renew your licence. In both cases, you will have until 30 September 2017 to show that you meet the standard either by taking the test or by providing TfL with information about your qualifications that satisfies them that you meet the standard.
What tasks you may have to undertake?
Here are some examples of tasks provided by TfL on their website:
Reading and writing
- Answer questions on information contained in short pieces of text
- Read a list of statements and decide whether they are true or false
- Read sentences or text that contain gaps and fill in the gaps
- Write a short letter or story (about 100-150 words) on a given topic
Speaking and listening
- Answer questions about familiar topics such as your home, work or interests
- Prepare a topic to talk to the examiner about and then answer questions on the topic
- Listen to an audio recording of someone talking or a conversation and then answer questions on what you have heard
- Start a conversation with the examiner on a given topic
TfL will accept following certificates as an evidence to prove language requirement :
- UK GCSE grades A* to G
- UK O level grades A to E
- UK CSE grades 1 to 5
- UK AS level/A level
- UK NVQ/BTEC/City and Guilds qualification level 1 or above
- UK HNC/HND
- UK degree or higher (e.g. master’s, PhD)
Why B1-ISE Preparation Training with Hamlets Training Centre ?
- Hamlets Training Centre is a Listed SELT Course Provider
- Free Initial Assessment & mock test facilities
- Clear guidelines and computer based training
- Small class size
- Specialist teachers who are motivating and innovative
- Question, answer and explanation
- Sit a mock test to see what you have learnt
- 95% Pass Rate
Who needs to take the B1 ISE – SELT test?
Trinity’s B1 SELT-ISE I requires under current Transport for London ( Tfl) requirements for Private Hire Driver.
To book an exam visit: www.trinityselt.co.uk
Only ISE (B1) tests taken at a SELT centre are approved by TfL for private hire driver licence applications.
Candidates must pass both modules for an ISE I (B1) qualification.
Exam Booking: We offer free exam booking for our registered candidate. For the non registered candidate we only charge £20.00 to book their SELT exam.