Individuals wishing to apply for indefinite leave to remain or naturalisation as British citizens are required to demonstrate their knowledge of language and life in the UK.
From 28 October 2013, applicants will be required to have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification from an accredited institution.
At this level of qualification the candidate will be able to:
- Ask questions to obtain personal or factual information.
- Ask for directions, instructions or explanation.
- Ask for descriptions of people, places and things
- Give an account/narrate event in the past
- Give a short description and make comparisons
- Take part in social interaction
- Express views and opinions
- Listen to and respond appropriately to other points of view
The Home Office accepts our accredited English language qualification at B1 level speaking and listening.