What is paediatric first aid?
A first-aider must have an appropriate first-aid qualification and the qualification must be appropriate to the ages of the children in their care. Our paediatric first aid e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online paediatric first-aid training which forms part of the requirements needed for learners to go onto achieve the Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
The e-learning can form part of blended learning if at least 6 hours of the training is face to face; a minimum of 12 hours of learning is provided to learners (when combined with time spent face to face) and; learners’ skills and knowledge is assessed in full during the face-to-face part of the course, in accordance with the qualification specification.
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, choking or has external bleeding
- Providing first aid to an infant or a child with a suspected bone fracture or dislocation; head, neck or back injury
- An infant or a child with a condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose; burns or scalds; an acute medical condition or sudden illness; a minor injury; shock
- An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock or been poisoned
- Providing first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
Who is it aimed at?
Anyone looking after infants and children such as carers, childminders and schools.
No prior knowledge needed.
6 to 8 hours
How it works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Highfield Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive a Highfield e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
Why choose Hamlets Training Centre for Highfield e-learning?
Hamlets Training Centre is approved by Highfield Awarding Body to offer it’s online and accredited courses.. We make the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for your learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
Key elements of our e-learning course are:
- Interactive exercises/gaming
- Media-rich content
- Interactive 3D scenarios
- Content provided by sector-leading experts
- Relevant photography and illustrations
- Multi-generational content and style
You can also contact us via email to email@example.com