Personal Licence Course: Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF)
Anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public (as per the legal requirement in England and Wales) is required to have a suitable qualification. The Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF)course, which is known as APLH, is a legal requirement that all sales of alcohol taking place on licensed premises in England and Wales must be authorised by a personal licence holder.
It is a one-day training course which has been designed to meet the legal requirements to qualify to become a Personal Licence Holders and includes essential information on the responsibilities of licence holders and duties of the designated premises supervisor (DPS).
This training course will provide you with the relevant training and certification required to make a personal licence application to the licensing authority. Upon completion of this training, you will be awarded the Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders which is accredited by either the Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) or the Qualifications Networks.
The application process by Hamlets Training Centre ( Full Package)
- Gain the personal licence qualification (APLH or SCPLH).
- Hamlets Training Centre applies for a Basic Disclosure (DBS) on your behalf.
- Hamlets Training Centre completes and submits your application (accompanied by your DBS check and Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders Certificate) to your local council.
How to get a Personal Licence?
In order to obtain a Personal Licence; applicants must be 18 years of age or above and will need the following:
- Book a Personal Licence Training Course.
- Personal Licence application form – Obtained from local Councils or Licensing Authorities.
- Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders Qualification Certificate (The original)
- Basic Disclosure (this replaces the CRB check) – Can be obtained from https://www.mygov.scot/basic-disclosure/apply-for-basic-disclosure/ for £25 (N.B – check valid for 28days)
- Two passport-size photos – Signed by a professional to prove the identity of the applicant Application fee – £37